Romance Tail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smileys/icons/emoticons suggestions.

+6
crackerpattiez
Nano
ZaniXD
Pascha2
Piratenking
Aria11
10 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Do you like the new smileys?

Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap67%Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap33%Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Empty Re: Smileys/icons/emoticons suggestions.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Why even those old ones? Isn't the issue here just the fanarts/pairing icons?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Empty Re: Smileys/icons/emoticons suggestions.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Er, no, the issue here is that we can also use the IMG code to post those things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Hmm from what I understand some people here say that we should just use [img] for those shippy fanarts because they are either not comfortable with seeing fanarts of ships they dislike/don't want to face fanartist's wrath, so I think for me it's just the shippy fanarts issue here. Maybe you should retain the old pics and we'll talk about what to do with it since you already know how other people reacted when they got deleted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Too bad. They already got deleted. Besides they were too big, I remember Nano mentioning that we should make them smaller. And why keep them if we can also use the IMG code to post them. I really don't see the point here. For the monkey emoticons it's understandable since it's something we often use, but for somethiing like a Gray pic we can simply go and search for one on google.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 pm

Well I think maybe next time before we change some things in the forum we should inform the users first though and ask for their opinions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm

That's what I used to do before, right now is another case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 am

Why is it another case though?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 am

Because I get the idea that you guys strictly want to use IMG code for everything. But if you really want them back we can use smaller ones.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 am

Personally, since I don't use those icons I have no problem. And that I dislike them being too big. But people use it a lot and that was why for me I guess it's better to ask them first. They did get angry the first time it got removed :'D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 am

I have one question though. Why would artists feel embarrassed of people seeing their art on the internet if they themselves posted the art on the internet for people to see in the first place?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nano Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 am

I don't mind resizing the icons... If we are going to add them again.
Maybe as big as the monkeys?
Nano
Nano
Fairy Tail History Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am

Machiko wrote:I have one question though. Why would artists feel embarrassed of people seeing their art on the internet if they themselves posted the art on the internet for people to see in the first place?
Spoiler:
But this is my opinion towards my drawings, to each their own.

EDIT: Also,, maybe we should crop it too instead of resizing,, like for example the juvia pic,, she'd be too small if we were to use the whole pic
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 am

These are just examples

Juvia: Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Juvia_icon_by_kamuyariela-d4id38y Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Juvia_icon_by_kamuyariela-d4xsmvb

Gray: Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Gray_fullbuster_icon_by_victoriasty-d4fy5o3 Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Images
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nano Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

I was thinking of adding other pics anyway Laughing Simple ones without background.
Yeah I could crop them.

But I guess we first have to discuss if we use icons, which ones we can add, etc.

EDIT: Oh god. 1501 posts :'D
Nano
Nano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 am

Everybody calm ur tits. Lets discuss about it whitout complainin. We are civilized people :').
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:46 am

Then create a thread and we could discuss this over there. Also we need to vote on which icons people would prefer for a certain character.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nano Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:49 am

This one too? Laughing Can't we just take a random picture? Laughing We are too much digging in the details guys :'D
Nano
Nano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 am

But people will then say that they don't like the icon used......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 am

Ok then whats the proposition? We need proposition :')
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 am

poino wrote:One thing I'll confess. I dislike it very very much if I see my drawings being used in other media (like in amvs and the likes) and the drawing you used for gruvia that was made by me,, well.... I don't like that drawing so much(I kinda hate it. It's a fail drawing but I can't delete it cause my watchers will wonder why again). I'm not the type who makes a big deal out of copyright and the likes, it's just that I'd want my pics to be used as less as possible because I am highly embarrassed of them, and seeing them outside my gallery (and I don't even look at them in my gallery anymore) makes me squirm inside. And this is my reasons on why I'm not into putting fanarts as icons. Artists have different views on their drawings, some may be flattered if we use and some may be embarrassed by it like me. And there are some who make such a big deal of others using it without permission. And well, I'll just share, but usually people send me notes still asking permission for them to use my pics. It's important sometimes and adding a disclaimer just won't cut. It's like claiming "these pics aren't mine but I don't know who draw them". Artists don't really like that, that's why there's a pixiv issue where the japanese artists don't want to draw anymore because tumblr people keep using it without sourcing back or even just saying who the artist is.

My point is, using fanart as part of this forum is risky. Anyway, that's only my opinion with this matter and why I'm against using fanarts as icons. I know we shouldn't be too serious on this forums, but there are sometimes people make a big deal out of and we wouldn't want that.

I think we should make a new poll regarding this icons issue. In all honesty I'm just quite irked with any icon that's bigger than 50x50 because they are sometimes being used in the chat and it messes the chat up. But if we wanted to post fanarts of a ship, can't we just use the [img] code? I think it's better that way and we would get to see the full size of the drawing.
This. Just, this.

I don't know why you get upset Yuli.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 am

You wouldn't understand Luna. Anyway it's all been settled now, we will arrange new, non-fanart and non-shippy icons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:20 am

✖Machiko✖ wrote:You wouldn't understand Luna. Anyway it's all been settled now, we will arrange new, non-fanart and non-shippy icons.
Ok, that I can agree with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratenking Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:27 am

I want Barca Smileys Smile

Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 BarcaBarca
Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Barca_smiley
Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Aa_barca
Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 004
Smileys/icons/emoticons  suggestions. - Page 4 Zastava
Piratenking
Piratenking

Back to top Go down

Post by Nano Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:51 am

I think I can only add one of them. So decide first which one you like the most. And they're gonna be added when I have the time.
Nano
Nano

Back to top Go down

Post by Piratenking Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:58 am

Aww only one... I can't decide between the first and second one. Which should I choose?
Piratenking
Piratenking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum